All vendors must agree to these rules as a condition of being a vendor at Bricks by the Bay.
1. Vendors must comply with LEGO®'s altered brick policy:
Every item consisting of or containing LEGO® products that have been engraved, printed upon, cut, drilled, glued, painted, or in any way altered must be clearly labeled on the item or on the packaging of the item: "This is not a LEGO® Product. These are re-used LEGO® elements that have been repackaged or altered from their original form. LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO® Group, which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this product. Neither the LEGO® Group nor Bricks by the Bay are liable for any loss, injury or damage arising from the use or misuse of this product."
Every vendor selling these items must also display easily readable signs saying: "This station offers items for sale that are not LEGO® products. These are re-used LEGO® elements that have been repackaged or altered from their original form. LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO® Group, which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this product. Neither the LEGO® Group nor Bricks by the Bay are liable for any loss, injury or damage arising from the use or misuse of this product."
2. Vendors are responsible for the security of their merchandise and possessions at all times. While reasonable precautions are taken by the convention center to ensure the ballroom is secure outside of selling hours, neither Bricks by the Bay, the convention center, or the hotel assume any liability for theft of, or damage to items. In short, do not leave valuables unattended in your booth. The Mission City Ballroom will be unlocked at 8:00 AM on Friday and Saturday, and at 7:00 AM on Sunday. Mission City Ballroom will be locked on Friday and Saturday at midnight.
3. Vendors may not under any circumstance sell any item given to them by Bricks by the Bay. This includes items from the goodie bags, door prizes, or swag (shirts, pins, badges, minifigures, etc.) LEGO’s convention support rules prohibit event kits from being sold by anyone other than Bricks by the Bay. Further, vendors may not purchase items from attendees for resale that attendees received for free from Bricks by the Bay. Vendors found to be in violation of these rules will have the item/s confiscated by Bricks by the Bay staff and will be disqualified from becoming a vendor at Bricks by the Bay 2018. Bricks by the Bay takes this very seriously.
4. Vending Hours:
Thursday - No Vending
Friday – Optional. May vend from the time you’re operational until the dinner break. Optional after the evening ceremonies.
Saturday - Vendor setup and selling to attendees 9:00 AM until the dinner break. Optional after the evening ceremonies. Vendors must be operational by 10:00 AM.
Sunday - public hours 8:00 AM (VIP) 9:00 AM (general public) until 3:00 PM. Vendors may continue selling until 4:00 PM.
5. Teardown: All vendors must completely vacate the Mission City Ballroom by 8:00 PM on Sunday. Any fees incurred by Bricks by the Bay from the convention center for failure to comply with the 8:00 PM deadline will be charged to those vendors still remaining at that time.
6. Vendor merchandise must consist of LEGO® products and accessories or be in some way related to LEGO®.
7. No selling of food or drink without express permission of the convention center and Bricks by the Bay, Inc., and any food or drink sold must be LEGO®-themed.
8. Consumption of alcoholic beverages is not allowed in public areas of the hotel or convention center (including the Grand Ballroom or Mission City Ballroom) unless purchased from the hotel.
9. The hotel strictly prohibits gummed stickers or labels. Sponsors and vendors may not distribute promotional gummed stickers or labels! Signage may only be affixed to the walls of the hotel or convention center by Bricks by the Bay Director approval in accordance with venue policies.
10. Vendors are responsible for compliance with the State of California, County of Santa Clara, and City of Santa Clara laws and regulations regarding business licenses, seller permits, etc.
11. Seller's Permit. A seller’s permit is available at no charge from the California State Board of Equalization, and under California State Tax Law, Publication 111, is absolutely required to sell anything at Bricks by the Bay. Vendors who do not provide a pdf, jpg or other visual proof of their seller’s permit in their application will be denied as vendors for the convention. The permit must list the address as Santa Clara Convention Center, 5001 Great America Pkwy, Santa Clara, CA 95054. You can amend your permit to have the convention center's address as a sub location if you already have a permit. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS REQUIREMENT. Get yours online at http://www.boe.ca.gov/
12. Each staff person you have working at your booth must have either a Vendor Badge or a full convention Attendee Badge. Vendors may request the number of badges they need at no charge, but will incur a $5.00 charge for replacement of lost badges at the convention. See the check-in desk to replace a lost badge. A Vendor Badge grants access to the Mission City Ballroom for Vending and the Grand Ballroom for viewing the MOCs. Participation in all other convention activities requires an Attendee Badge.
13. Electricity will be available to vendors in the Mission City Ballroom if requested, and will incur a fee of $50.00. Please bring an extension cord and a power strip if needed. Extension cords will not be provided.
14. Due to safety concerns and fire code requirements, tables, chairs, merchandise, signage, etc. may not extend outside of the allotted space under any circumstances. Bulk brick vendors must design their space to allow for their customers to remain within the allotted vendor space and out of the aisles. This is required at all times, but is particularly important on public day (Sunday).
15. First-time Bricks by the Bay vendors will be limited to one 8’ x 8’ booth, unless otherwise offered by Bricks by the Bay.
16. Vendor booth size requests will be awarded solely at the discretion of Bricks by the Bay and may be smaller than you request in your application.
17. Warning: If not operational by 10:00 AM on Saturday, you will be disqualified as a vendor for Bricks by the Bay 2018. Hardship exceptions may be granted on a case-by-case basis. Access to the Mission City Ballroom is available Friday at 8:00 AM for set-up. You may begin selling as soon as you are operational on Friday if you so choose. There is no selling requirement for Friday.